martes, 13 de febrero de 2007

Galapagos Departure

With boat work winding down and Mike and I growing weary of Salinas the time has come to leave for the Galapagos Islands. Final boat work will be completed tomorrow morning and if all goes well "Avventura" will find her way back to the water by midday manana. Then, so long as checking out of the mainland goes well we will take our leave for the 575 mile passage through the doldrums to the Galapagos. Forecast is for little wind but the diesel wind I became so familiar with along the coast of Central America, but the northern reaches of the Humboldt Current should help us a bit on our way across the deep blue to the land of Darwin, one of the most intriguing places on earth in my eyes. The drawback is we will be missing the swell due for this weekend, but with the promise of good, less-crowded surf in the islands and the fact that I`ve been stationary for over three and a half months now it is time to get going westward. Thus I will be largely incommunicado for the next week or so, but will be updating my position reports on Yotreps (wdc9244), and those who need to can reach me on the boat`s e-mail (text only, please). So wish me luck tonight and tomorrow and Ì`ll update you again from the Galapagos.

No hay comentarios: