domingo, 21 de enero de 2007

Ecuador Return

Guess this is my first actual "Blog Entry" since all previous were sent as e-mails to various people. I am now back in Ecuador after a fabulous vacation home to San Diego where I was able to relax and enjoy time wth family and friends and also able to sell some of my books and make some more money to enable me to continue living the "cruiser's life."

The Ecuador I have returned to is not the country I left. The overcast and chilly weather of October is a thing of the past and bright sunshine, heat, and high humidity are now the norm. The conditions are now what you'd expect to find in the tropics (though the water is still only 70 degrees or so). I've spent the past couple days unpacking, getting the boat organized and liveable once more, and surfing a small wave I found in Salinas. Boat work lies ahead for the foreseeable future and manana I head to Customs to see if I can stay in this country beyond February 3, so wish me luck. Mike Bumbaugh will be flying in to join me as crew on January 28th. Will update when I have more to say.

Pura Vida!

No hay comentarios: